European University Sports Association (EUSA), in cooperation with its Student Commission (EUSA STC) and the Organising Committees of the European Universities Sports Championships and European Universities Games, with the support from the International University Sports Federation (FISU), is offering students from Europe a unique opportunity of actively participating in the organisation of EUSA events as volunteers.
In 2015, students can participate as supporting organisers of the European Universities Championshipswhich will be organised in 19 sports across Europe.
You may register at http://volunteers.eusa.eu; the deadline depends on the event. You will be notified about your selection only after the deadline is passed.
The exact application deadlines are as follows:
- February 15: Beach Volleyball (Larnaca, CYP), Table Tennis (Geneva, SUI), Basketball (Koper, SLO), Volleyball (Camerino, ITA), Football (Osijek, CRO), Rugby 7's (Godollo, HUN), Basketball 3x3 (Kragujevac, SRB), Karate (Zabljak, MNE), Tennis (Wroclaw, POL)
- April 15: Handball (Braga, POR), Sport Climbing (Katowice, POL), Futsal (Poznan, POL), Badminton and Bridge (Warsaw, POL), Rowing (Hannover, GER), Golf (St. Gallen, SUI)
- June 15: Chess (Yerevan, ARM), Judo (Reims, FRA), Taekwondo (Opatija, CRO)
- two weeks after deadline: Notification of selected candidates (in case of multiple sports selection only for those sports)
The main aim of the Program is to give a chance for young students, who are interested in sports and in organizing sport events, to get the opportunity of experiencing a unique adventure, learning about the values of sport, and gaining valuable work experience through volunteering.
The participants will raise their competencies and skills in organising sport event in the European level, get new experiences in different fields, will be useful for the organising committee, exchange knowledge, learn about the culture of the country, get new friends all over the Europe and much more.
The Volunteer Programme includes for example working for the organising committee, supporting the organizers in the competition fields (global coordination, manning information desks, communication between organization committee and referees, guests).
In the frame of the Volunteer Program, full board is provided during the time of the event (and training), with transfer from the official airport/station covered; volunteers only have to ensure their travel costs to the event.
In the Volunteer Program 2015 there are 40 open places for the duration of the European Universities Championships. Only those with academic eligibility in European institutes of higher education can apply, aged 17-30 (students or graduates). The application form is available online at http://volunteers.eusa.eu. The applicants will get a diploma after participation in the program.
Applicants agree that they will:
1. wait for recruitment results.
2. be available for the period of the applied EUC.
3. cover the travel costs to the event
4. write a feedback about their experiences latest a month after the event.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a glimpse of the expereinces of the students who have already participated in this programme, please see the Shared Experiences.
We invite you to go to http://volunteers.eusa.eu and register today!
Individuals livind and/or studying in the cities of the organisers, may also apply directly to the organisers, where a larger group of local volunteers will be selected. Please see their websites for contacts and get in touch with the Organisers for the terms and more details.
For more information about EUSA volunteer programme, please contact us at email@example.com.